Monday, September 6, 2010

the beginning

Hi there! I am Tai and I am the new owner of a BLOG! A creative blog. taidye original. Taidye has been a nickname of mine as long as I can remember and it suits my crazy self well. I am so glad you are here. Welcome to my first post!
A little over a year ago I accidentally stumbled onto (insert theme music) A CRAFT BLOG! I didn’t know anything about blogs. I did know I was an untreated “craftaholic” – but I wasn’t looking for treatment. I was looking for an enabling outlet. The blog I happened on that wonderful day was Happy Together. I cant remember the exact reason I found it or what I was searching for but I do remember reading the entire blog all at once! I was in love with Jessica's spirit, her profile, her pretty pictures and her beautiful family. And immediately when I was finished I knew I needed more. I needed another fix. I needed another blog to read.

I checked the Happy Together blog several times a day waiting for updates. I had no idea what it meant to “follow” a blog and I had no idea where to find more blogs like hers. Thankfully, while exploring there one day I found that she had a page of buttons under a heading that said “Featured on” I began clicking them. OH HAPPY DAY!! I had found my forever fix! I saved many popular links to my favorites –U Create, Little Birdie Secrets, Lil Blue Boo, Luv In the Mommyhood, I am Momma – Hear me Roar, and many many more. Too many to list - and started “following” (in my own way…some people call this “lurking”…I didn’t know better!) and I found that there was a huge community of blogging ladies with many wonderful and creative ideas to share. I have been inspired by so many of you! I, too, cried when Disney from Ruffles-n-Stuff stopped posting. I have laughed and cried while reading Joy’s Hope. And I have spent countless hours on Crafter-hours, MADE, MaryJanes and Galoshes, Twelve Crafts til Christmas, and At Second Street.

Then one day I decided “hey, just like Jessica at Happy Together I, too, have a loving spirit, pretty pictures and a beautiful family…”

So here I am. I have no idea what I am doing. In fact, I JUST figured out in the last week how to appropriately follow a blog. I still havent learned to use google reader. But I promise I will be commenting from now on. It is the least I can do! I am sure there are going to be some bumps along the way but I hope to be welcomed into the craft blog community – I am SO excited to be here!!

4 comments:

Happy Together said...

Hooray!!!!! Congrats on this new part of your life :)

I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar said...

Welcome to the blog world Tai! Thanks for sharing this with me. I hope you have tons of fun blogging here.

Kari @ Ucreate said...

Yay!!...a new craft blog for me to follow!! Welcome to this crazy, fun, crafty blog world!

Disney said...

You are so sweet! Congrats on your cute new blog, it's looking great already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...