Tuesday, September 14, 2010

fall is closing in

Fall is really closing in around here! Hubby and I spent many hours in the car this weekend traveling to attend a family funeral. Both of us were amazed to see that the leaves are already beginning to change here in Ohio. My mind began to think about it - HALLOWEEN!! You have to think about this stuff early when you know there is going to be stitching and gluing and whining and mind changing and re-stitching and more gluing... Last year we went sort of simple. E wanted to be a mummy and little pants wanted to be a kitty cat.

I made E's costume using a white sweat suit. This was actually a women's sweat suit which I had to alter a LOT! I cant imagine why they dont make white sweat suit for little boys...hhhmmmmm... I bought this at walmart and the strips were made from a cheap white sheet which I shredded and sewed down. I tied it off in several spots with basic knots. I left the top part of his shirt and arms until I dressed him and then I just wrapped and tied as needed so he could get in and out of it easily.




Lauren's was even easier. Black sweats with a big sparkly heart and some fur trim. I did have to alter her boys size 4 sweats a little but all of the embellishments are just glued on with fabric tac. She was a little harder to get a picture of - what with the candy at every door and all...




This year the munchkins have let me know they would like to be a bat and a pink girly skeleton. Nothing like a challenge. Remember we are in Ohio...hence the sweats and dont forget to make your costume big enough to fit over a snowsuit - just in case. :)  I better get started this weekend...

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I found your blog at Joy's Hope. I made a skeleton costume 2 years ago http://larssonnews.blogspot.com/2008/10/all-dressed-up-with-no-place-to-go.html. It was my first experience with fusable webbing. I found the pattern at Sew News but the link doesn't seem to work anymore. You seem pretty clever, I bet you can work something out. A pink girly skeleton probably needs a big fuzzy heart behind her ribs too.

~*Jess*~ said...

Tai you are so talented! Cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...