Monday, November 15, 2010

the princess and the pea - part 2

Good news! I got all of the pics for this project off of my camera and they are ready to share. I really hope miss pants likes this!

Tell me what you think and dont forget to visit my inspiration here: the princess and the pea

 This is my first ever doll! (Come to think of it, this is also the first time I have ever made 12 teeny mattresses...) I didnt have a pattern so I just made her freehand and I think she turned out pretty cute.
 Here is a view from the side stacked up nice and neat

 some details:
 The pea is on the bottom of course. It is a green bead which I sewed on instead of making a pocket like the example in my inspiration link. (Here it is again in case you missed it! the princess and the pea). Since lauren is only 2 I didnt want to risk the choking hazard.

 I wanted to show a few images from the book too. LOVE this version of the classic tale!


PLEASE! I want to know what you think! <3

blessings, tai

8 comments:

Lizzy said...

Tai, the more I look at this the more I know how much your amazing little one will love this! Thanks again for sharing! :)

Maribel said...

omg! tai, you are amazing. i love the idea. i just might have to borrow it from you. did you have a pattern for the doll?

~*Jess*~ said...

That is amazing!! You should totally do something up like this for Etsy!

Karissa Jade Ferguson said...

Love this!

Jessie K said...

I followed you from We did it Wednesday. I also saw the original post for this and wanted to do it. Just haven't had the time yet!

On an unrelated note, I saw in your 'about me' section you had put "I am a... wifey." Does your husband call you that or is that your word for yourself? The reason I ask is because that's what my hubby calls me! I had never heard anyone else say/call their wife that before. Funny!

Jayna Rae said...

This is the cutest idea EVER. I think that I will have to steal your AMAZING idea and make one for my best friends little girl. My friend's hubby calls her The Princess and The Pea so it would be perfect.

PS Saw you linked up at Sew Much Ado

PPS To eaves drop on the comment above, my hubby calls me that too.

janimal said...

Absolutely totally gorgeous. I want to make a set like this too now. Thanks for the inspiration. You did a lovely job.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

this is absolutely gorgeous!! she is one lucky little girl :)

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...