Monday, December 27, 2010

1 fish, 2 fish...48 stinking fish!

Christmas has come and gone and ours was amazing! I hope you had a beautiful time with your loved ones. I hope you were blessed and I hope you continue to celebrate and consider advent as we wait for the 2nd advent of our Savior.

I cant tell you how relieved I am to have completed this project!!! I was so excited to give these "fishing game" gifts. Yes, I am lame and could not think of a better name for them. I have been calling them "fishing thingys" for weeks so?? Fishing Games is the official name I suppose. You may remember when I first posted about them here.

As I mentioned in my previous post regarding these toys MUCH of my inspiration came from this post at Create Studio. Please check out her blog and leave some love! I have referred to this link DOZENS of times!! Thanks SARAH!

So, without further ado...What do you think??

 I took some shots along the way so you can sort of see the progress!
 The longest process was cutting and pinning them all. 48 fish take some time.

Somehow I do not own a pin cushion??? Hubby helped by stabbing pins into the cardboard template I made. Thanks hubby!


 It was a huge relief to have them all stuffed!


 Here is one of the girl sets


boy set


I used faux leather to make the worms. Honestly, I am NOT thrilled with the way they turned out AT ALL but they were the last step and the kids all liked them. Since I used the faux leather I had to use 2 magnets in each worm to make it strong enough to hold the fish up.


I used PVC pipe to make the rods. They seemed less likely to break



close up of the weird looking worms



I would LOVE to know your thoughts! Please let me know what you think :)

Linking up at:

10 comments:

Lizzy said...

I LOVE THE WORMS. You did a great job Tai! As hard as it was to complete them, I know it was an awesome reward for you! Thanks again for sharing.

Sarah said...

WOW! I can't believe how many fish you made! I know what a labor of love that was!! Great job!
-Sarah from Create Studio
www.createstudio.blogspot.com

RedTedArt said...

Oh wow! This fish game is adorable!!


I would LOVE for you to join us at Kids Get Crafty (with and for kids, every Wednesday on Red Ted Art) - current link up http://www.redtedart.com/2011/01/05/kids-get-crafty-3-kings-dressing-up/

Hope to see you there!

Maggy

maggy, red ted art said...

(thank you :-))

Kalleen at Second Street said...

I know my kids would love this. You did a great job. 48 fish- that took some serious love. thanks for sharing.

Chris said...

What a wonderful gift. My boys would love to play with this too!

a Matula ikrek said...

Marvelous!

Elizabeth said...

I found you through the Handmade Gifts link party.

I'll bet the kids LOVE this!

Heather said...

I love your project! What a cute idea!

:)

~Beth D. said...

I made these last Christmas, (2009), but I LOVE your fishing pole and the pale too.

I ended up making a bag to put the fish in, but the fishing pole didn't fit.

Yours are perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...