Monday, January 24, 2011

padding for video game case tutorial

I am sure you remember the video game case I posted a few days ago? If not please read here and then come back!

I had several questions about how I did the padding so here is the low down! This is the finished inside of the bag:



This is so EASY! I started with a chair pad like this which I bought at Joann's half off. I think it was about $3.00
Next I measured the sides of my finished bag and cut the pieces to size. They were not exact but close enough. Make sure they fit in nicely before proceeding to the next step. You want them to be snug but not bunched up.


Next I took some soft flannel and wrapped up each block like a present. Tuck in the raw edges and tape it down with scotch tape just like a little package.


see, presents!


I dont have a picture of the next step but all I did was hand stitch them closed. I stitched up all of the folds removing the tape as I went.

And that is IT! Stuff them back into the bag and add your game system, camera, whatever you need to protect!

1 comments:

It's A Priceless Life said...

I love this idea...I want to turn a purse into a camera bag and I was wondering how I was going to pad it...thank you!
I'm your newest follower...come check out my blog when you get a chance :-)
Shantel @
www.itsapricelesslife.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...