Sunday, March 27, 2011

belt to bracelet tutorial

I got the itch to make something cute today so I hot the "stash" with no plan in mind and came across and old baby sized belt. I grabbed up some other goodies and my trusty glue gun and made this bracelet. If you want to follow along you can make one too!


Here is what you will need:


begin my cutting the end of the belt which has no hardware. Cut 1" bigger than your wrist size. Also salvage the loop from the opposite end of the belt


cut 6 circles for your flowers. I used a stretchy knit.


using a glue gun (preferably your pink polka dotted glue gun) and glue the cut end of the belt right inside the loop.


TADA


to make the flower grab up each circle and fold it in half


then fold it in half again


start gluing them to one of your felt circles



I added 2 more to the top just for some extra dimension then glued on a button


cute flower right? You may also notice I am rocking the dixie paper plate to glue on. Oh yeah baby!
glue the back of the flower to the front of the belt. I didnt take a picture in the next step I guess? I glued the other felt circle right over the belt like a sandwich


all finished! Easy peasy. I love the glue gun because it is instant gratification as far as drying time. You can use your favorite adhesive.





18 comments:

Karen said...

That turned out super cute! I love the fabric you chose. Love your blog!
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

bev said...

Awesome bracelet...and the polka dot glue gun is too:)

Julie said...

Very nice! I'd love for you to link up at Inspire Me Mondays @ Singing Three Little Birds!
http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2011/03/inspire-me-monday_28.html

Jayna Rae said...

Very creative use of a belt. I like it. I also like the color, your pink glue gun, and the fact that you rock the paper plate like I do.

Michelle said...

Super cute!! I am a new follower and loving what I see!
Have a great day!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

This is awesome! I bet this would work with elastic for little girls too! Thanks for sharing!

Visiting from the Tip Junkie blog hop!

rita jean said...

I love that! What a fun idea! I've got a few belts laying around that are looking to be turned into this sort of thing. Thanks for the lovely idea!

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

Great upcycling! What are you going to do with the rest of the belt?

{esther} said...

What a fantastic idea! Frugal, cute and adorable! Would love it if you'd link this up at my place for Simply Homemaking!

Much Love & Blessings,
ESTHER
Our Simple Country Life

Fancy Lads said...

This is adorable! Super jealous of your glue gun :)

sweet Craft Cakes said...

Love your creativity!! We would love for your to share on our Sweet Links Party http://sweetcraftcakes.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweet-links-party-no-11.html Smiles~ Noelle & Kerry

This2That said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing your creativity!!
http://www.lorrainesthis2that.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Really cute idea!

Last Minute Mel said...

what a clever idea to make a bracelet. I'm sure your little girl loved it...so creative :)

HOMEmomMADE said...

love these colors, so bright and eighties. Yes!!!

Stop by and feel free to link up to my MAKE & SHARE first edition friday and saturdays.

~Christy

Sue@creativetryals.blogspot.com said...

I think the hot pink polka dot glue gun has magic properties. This is really cute and I love the recycled belt!
Visiting you from Tatertots and Jello!

Krafty Kat said...

Super cute and great tute! Thanks for sharing!

Rainbow Bekah said...

Great tutorial!! I LOVE this idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...