Sunday, March 27, 2011

how to become mom of the year (step 1)

I know you clicked over after reading that title! You will be ESPECIALLY glad you did when you read how EASY this is! I am usually thrilled if my kids are:

sort of clean
almost fully clothed
NOT crying
being nice

There arent many requirements. So, if you are like me (and I secretly hope you are so I dont have to feel bad for not being super woman) you might enjoy this new series. how to become mom of the year.

My kids are the pickiest eaters on the face of the earth. Is this my fault? Probably, everything is "mom's fault" right? Does it drive me nuts? Yes! That saying that old people use (insert nasty, condescending, and sarcastic tone of voice): "When my kids were little they ate what I cooked or went hungry" Fantastic. I am soooo happy for you. Honestly, when I hear that. ugh. I HATE hearing those words. BAHH! I have an extremely demanding job. Would I love to be a SAHM?? More. than. ANYTHING. but the reality is I have to work and I spend about 2-3 hours per day with my kids. I choose not to battle over dinner (most of the time) My son?? I am lucky if he eats anything but peanut butter and jelly. I bet the kid eats 15-20 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a week. ugh. HOWEVER! He has decided he likes "stove pipes" <-- what we call rigatoni with ragu brand sauce. Yes, sauce from a jar. Noodles from a box. Sometimes that is just how I roll.


So, step one to becoming mom of the year: Make Stove Pipes. Watch child ACTUALLY eat.



please note: this was my plate, said son will not eat cheese. there is something seriously wrong with my child.

Looks fantastic, right? (you are playing along arent you? Oh good. I was hoping you were still with me)

In case you were wondering I made this by cooking the rigationi by pouring the noodles from the box into almost boiling water and cooking until tender errmm...per the box instructions - until al-dente' (I dont even know how to spell aldente? I am sure that is wrong. and then dumping on sauce straight from the jar without heating warming the sauce in a sauce pan and serving over the noodles. next I piled on the kraft parm cheese shredded some nice parmiganio regiano (yep, cant spell that either) and sprinkling it on top. Oh, and be sure to serve this on Dixie Paper Plates some fancy "going green" dinnerware.

I would like to say I served this with a salad or SOME form of vegetable but. well. yeah. there are tomatoes in the sauce - I hope. ?? You know what? My kids were thrilled. They ate. And we got to have some fun before bed. That is my definition of mom of the year.

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

This is great, and I SOOOOO agree with you on the people when they say kids should eat whatever is put in front of them, seriously??? However, great topic! I enjoyed reading this! And really being involved in your children's lives . . . is what makes a mom, MOM of the year!! Have an enjoyable day, while being your mommy of the year self!

~*Jess*~ said...

Gasp! He doesn't eat cheese!? Shocking! But that looks super tasty. If she eats spaghetti sauce? I count it as a win because the jar says it has like a serving of vegetables. Probably not in 2 spoonfuls, but we'll go with it.

Christian said...

I am a SAHM, and my kids eat 15-20 PBJ's per week too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...