Saturday, April 9, 2011

foot{print} stool

Boy did my little girl get SO excited to help me wit this project! We are renovating our bathroom right now.........loooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg process. You know how these things go. My kids are still not quiet tall enough to wash their hands and brush their teeth without the use of a stool. The stool we have now is gross and ugly and plastic and wobbles. bleh bleh bleh.

So...of course I thought a trip to hobby lobby was in order! I quickly found this adorable and functional stool in the unfinished wood section and snatched it up. 7.99 AND I used my 40% off coupon. score. sorry for the crappy picture. You get the idea.

 

with just a few supplies...

We turned it into this!!

I dry brushed some white paint on (we already had it open for use in the bathroom)
stamped Lauren's toes using the giant stamp pad (also from HL in lots of colors)
And sealed it with several coats of the krylon sealer!


So fun! I love how it looks just like she is standing on her toes to reach something! It seemed like a cute and fun way to remember this stage!



Dont forget celebrating 100 week starts monday!! I have some fun stuff in the works!





taidye original


13 comments:

Krafty Kat said...

Awww, that's so cute!

SewHappyGeek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SewHappyGeek said...

That's brilliant! I'd love for you to link it up tomorrow at my linky party: SewHappyGeek

Amanda said...

This is so cute, a fantastic keepsake!

Tamie said...

ok that is just darn cute!!! i should do that with our bathroom. when you said that this was a fun way to remember this time with her little toe-prints, i thought that it would be doubley-memorable to do another toe-print in a year or so on the second slat and then another a few years from the second....you could put the year next to them each.
for me, i think that i will do one of each of my boys toes (i've got 3) from oldest to youngest....and SCORE on the coupon --- i will be doing the same when i go and get my stool!. :)
linking from creative crate!

Liza Mae's ReCreations said...

Precious!

Rachel said...

love it! what a great idea!

Emilee said...

That is adorable... and I never met a kid who got to get messy making a project and wasn't excited! Looks great!

The SPANGLER said...

How simple yet so very very cute... just love it! Stop by and say hi if you get a chance ☺
Cheers
The Spangler @
The Quick Unpick

Ty and Whitty said...

This is the cutest idea I have ever seen. Thank you so much for the inspiration. As soon as my little man can stand I am so making one of these. I am visiting from tip junkie linky party. come and say hi.
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Sailing with bare feet said...

such a cute idea !! Love this !!

Rebecca said...

What a sweet stool. I love the footprint idea and you got a great deal. :)

LrSchwtz said...

This is such a great idea! I'd love for you to share this on my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party at www.laughloveandcraft.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...