Friday, May 13, 2011

baseball mommy bracelet

ok...so my previous baseball mommy bracelet post is in blogger never-never land. I am posting again! (surely based on the principles of Murphy's Law that will cause the old on to show up again) Anyhow, I linky parties to join so...reposting. Yep. Enjoy!

I am officially a TBall mommy this year! TBall is super hilarious! E had his first game saturday. The children played in the dirt, ran from home to third, fell off the bases when they tried to stand on them and jump on one leg, dog piled in the field. really, highly entertaining.

I felt I need to look more spiffy at the field for his next game so I raided hubby's stash and stole a baseball to make some mom bling. This was SO fun, easy and CHEAP. If you are a baseball mom, aunt, grandma, sister, softball player or just a fan you might like one too. Dont you love??? "LV" is the league and local school district he will be attending in the fall. These are the school colors so it will last me a while :)


Here is what it looks like spread out. I dont have a "tutorial" but this is what I did: used an exacto knife to carefully cut the leather from the ball. be careful not to tear up the threads too much. Of course the threads are cut so to prevent them from falling out or fraying I went over them with a coat of white glue. Mod Podge would probably work great for this.


Then I flipped it over and glues some red felt to the back. I used fabric tack and it is holding nicely. You could probably use E600, hot glue or just more white glue.


I sewed on a button and a small hair elastic using embroidery floss. I went right into the holes the thread already made with a large needle. It was very easy.


Then just embellish away! A patch from your favorite team would be pretty cool. I cut the LV out of felt and these buttons came from a stash I already had. The glitter buttons I actually painted with blue glitter nail polish because this just needed to be more shiny! And now I will be a cute mom at the field!

18 comments:

Toni said...

So stinkin cute!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Toni

Michelle Paige said...

This is so fun! I love it!

Crystal said...

LOVVE this idea! I am definitely going to have to make myself one!!! It is SO cute! I would LOVE for you to link it up at my new Summer Lovin' Party @ http://www.homemakerinheels.com/2011/05/brand-new-summer-lovin-saturday-soiree.html I love your blog! I am also a new follower! :)
Crysta
Homemaker in Heels

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

This is awesome!!! My hubby would totally love it!!!
New friend from http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

Just Jaime said...

Great idea! Very creative!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Tai - This is such a clever and creative idea! I love the baseball - totally cool!! Thanks for sharing - Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
~Stephanie Lynn
www.bystephanielynn.com

Rachel at Sun Scholars said...

This is so cute... and so very clever! I love it!

I would love for you to stop by my blog and share this at my For the Kids link party! Stop by and join in on the fun!!!

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-9.html

Craft 4 Change said...

A-dorable!!! Who would have thought to do this? Love it, love it, love it! ~~ Robyne

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

My husband coaches and baseball is our LIFE. Love this idea...thanks so much for sharing.

John S. said...

I write a baseball-inspired fashion and paraphernalia blog. This is right up our alley. I will repost this on on FB fan page. My wife also recently got into making jewelry. She may enjoy making this bracelet for herself too.

kendascrafts said...

That's cute, what a great idea!

Chameleon Girls said...

I am so excited to see your baseball bracelet- I have a softball bracelet tutorial that I am working on. Would you mind if I put a link to your site?

Evelin said...

so clever :)

Nikki ~ Let's Craft!! said...

Very Clever!! I like it!! I may need to make one to support the little league!! LOL

Would love for you to stop by to visit me... http://bestpartofbelieveis.blogspot.com/ I am your newest follower!! Hope you follow back!!

~ Nikki

bearbugbits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Can I order one?

Sincerely, Donna/ ddb1219@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I have looked at many sites today trying to come up with a "how-to" on the bracelets.....yours is one of the best I've come across. Now, would like to know where you get your baseballs in bulk quantity, as they are quite expensive through a sports store. Thank you so much for sharing this info! Have a "great" week.

Anonymous said...

I saw a baseball cuff project in Bead Unique Magazine a few years back and recently in Better Homes and Garden too, think the artist was Lisa Kettell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...