Friday, May 27, 2011

rainbow zipper pouch

Happy weekend! I needed some sewing therapy. I have been wanting to try making a zipper pouch for a while now and here is my first attempt! I know I wanted a rainbow and I wanted it to look "messy". It turned out almost like I envisioned! I would like to make a few more for practice. This little thing was a struggle for me. I am going to need years more practice sewing.

I cut each color fabric and used wonder under to fuse it down before going over with the zig zag stitch. That made the front. I also cut out the cloud shape from some felt, stuffed it and added as the zipper pull. This is only my second zipper ever. Yeah, more practice is required.

Let me know what you think! xoxo




This little family was SUPER excited to have a new home!


In other news, this GORGEOUS boy graduated from preschool this week. Amazing.
I love him. A Lot. A Lot. A Lot. A Lot.


10 comments:

Lizzy said...

Awe! Love the picture of Elijah! And yay for new sewing projects!

Jenn Erickson said...

So creative, whimsical and wonderful!

So glad I followed your link-up on Flamingo Toes!

Jenn/Rook No. 17

Lori @ Beneath the Rowan Tree said...

Oh! I LOVE this!
Just lovely!
I would love if you would share this at our Monday Playdate : http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/05/playdate-link-party-everyone-welcome.html ?

Cheers,
Lori
http://beneaththerowantree.com
Come & Play :: Playdate

kendascrafts said...

Really cute! I have trouble with zippers as well. :-)

Evelin said...

What a sweet pouch! :)

Mami Made It said...

Love it! Great work!

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

You're obviously a kindred spirit, since I consider sewing "therapy" too . . . sometimes anyway! What a darling project. Thanks so much for linking it up to Fab Friday.

Warmly, Michelle

kc71595 said...

I think you did an amazing job on your zipper pouch! Very creative to use the cloud as the pull. It is adorable!!
So is your little guy ;)

oldee said...

its so colourfull.
i like it so much

emergency eye wash said...

So colorful, I have to do this work for my sister, she is too much crazy for rainbow colors stuffs as well as she also a expert in fabric works. and always give a first preference to rainbow colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...