Friday, June 3, 2011

verses on canvas

HAPPY FRIDAYYY!! Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend? Yeah, me either. So how about some crafty pics?

A few months ago little man was practicing letters and I wrote some verses for him to write. I fell in love with them and have kept them back like little pieces of art trying to decide what to do to preserve them, display them - something. They were just too cute not to show off. That is when I came across this amazing tutorial from Delia Creates for making distressed canvases. The technique worked PERFECTLY for this! I adore these and will definitely be making more. Here are the verses (since I understand these may be a little hard to read!)

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God.

I Chronicles 16:34
Give thanks to the Lord for he is good. His Love endures forever.

Jeremiah 10:6
No one is like you Lord, you are great and your name is mighty in power.

Now I just have to decide where to hang them...hmmmmm

Enjoy the cute!



12 comments:

Happy Together said...

Awesome! A great keepsake as well as beautiful art :)

Delia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delia said...

This is such a great idea! They turned out wonderfully! :)

Tim said...

What a sweet way to capture special words! I love it!

c.w.frosting said...

Cute & a great memoir to save as well!

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

Love these! I can just see little chubby fingers writing these out and being so proud! Bet you are one proud momma too!

Christie said...

These are awesome! I am coming over from C.R.A.F.T! Clicked on it because we are working on one listing the Fruit of the Spirit! My daughter is nine, but I think I will have my 5 yo do one after seeing these! Just lovely! Christie at three pixie lane

Chessa said...

These are so precious! Great art work.

Whimsical Creations said...

Just precious!

Mindie Hilton said...

Would love to see you link up at my new party that will run through Sunday!

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/party-mindie-style-link-up-1.html

Mindie Hilton said...

I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

Come strut your stuff.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creativity here. Can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Hope to see you there at the party :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...