Monday, July 25, 2011

pouch for crutches

Hey everyone! How is everyone?

Monday was a bummer this week but it is totally over and time to move on. The kiddos are in VBS this week and we are painting their room and setting up bunk beds for them. They are super excited! I am excited to gain some extra space in their room too!

I was approached by my God Mother to see if I could create a pouch for her daugher's crutches. (She tore her ACL) She is 15 (I think?). Make something for a teenager?? AHH! I suppose rainbows, glitter and unicorns are out? UH-OH. I asked what she liked and all I could coax from her was that she liked peace signs. Who doesnt? She is going to be on crutches for a while so I decided to go with denim for durablity. Plus, I have LOADs of the stuff. I think this went pretty well since I didnt actually have a crutch to work with and had to kind of guess how this would work.

I decided to make ling string she could tie on so it wasnt in the way of her had or flopping around. Here are some views:


This was the bottom section of an old pair of girls jeans


The lining is a mushroom print on flannel


I went ahead and added the back pocket from the jeans to the back of the pouch for some detail



These strings are nice and long so she can adjust it as needed


I hope you are able to get back to your sports soon Jordyn!!

5 comments:

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Cute--nice job! And bummer on her injury :( My younger sister tore each ACL--one in HS, and one in college.

Katherines Corner said...

Wonderful, it will work perfectly. Hugs!!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Great idea! Being on crutches is such a bummer. At least now she will be able to carrying some things and make life a little easier on herself.
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I am visiting via Someday Crafts. This is an absolutely adorable project!

If you have written a post about a great restaurant, store or perhaps taken a fun trip I am now hosting a new linky party entitled Wayfaring Wednesdays. Come on by!

Happy Wednesday!

Lindsay (The Craftafarian) said...

That is a really cute pouch :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...