Tuesday, October 25, 2011

mummy key chain tutorial

Here is the deal. I must be insane.

I am volunteered to bring goodie bags for Lauren's preschool Halloween Party and I am also signed up to do the craft for E-Bots Kindergarten "Harvest" Party.

I am still slightly amused that my daughter goes to preschool in a CHURCH, they are having a HALLOWEEN party and wearing costumes. My son goes to PUBLIC school. They are having a "HARVEST" Party with NO costumes.

Dont get me wrong. I am TOTALLY cool with it either way. Just seems funny to me.


For the kindergarten craft I decided to go with a mummy theme again. I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased some small (I think they are 1 1/2" or so) wooden peg doll thingies and some tiny eye screws. These are super easy to make. I love him!


Here is a quickie tutorial for a super fast last minute Halloween project.

You need:

Wooden peg doll thingies
Small strips of fabric
School Glue
Eye Screws
Drill
Marker
clip thingies


Use a teeny drill bit to predrill into the heads of the dolls


Use jewelry pliers to screw in the teeny eye screws


like this


I bought this bag of assorted findings and used the small hooks 


Draw on some eyes with a sharpie and add some glue to the doll. Then wrap the doll up with the small fabric strips


I really like him! I will take this clip with me and help the children each create their own at Elijah's party this week. I predrilled and added the eye screws and clips to all of the pegs, then I placed the peg with attachments and a few small strips of fabric into snack sized ziplock bags. It will be a fast project for all 20 kids and they can leave with a little mummy clipped to their book bags! I really hope they like the project.

3 comments:

caralyn said...

Oh I kind of LOVE these! What a great idea!

Tanya said...

That is a great idea! I love it. Too late for this year for my kids but I am pinning it for next year.

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

Cute idea. I'm impressed that you made enough for the whole class. And I loved the "public school harvest party" vs. the "church Halloween party" story. Life is stranger than fiction! Thanks so much for linking up to Fabulous Friday!

Warmly, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...