Sunday, October 23, 2011

sweet scallops tote

I have been singing the praises of the wonderfully amazing Kate from see kate sew the last few weeks. I cant help it! The girl is dripping with awesome!!

Kate just had her bloggy birthday and celebrated by offering a free pattern and tutorial for the most adorable tote bag EVER. THEN she announced a sew along and now has a linky for everyone to share their bags made with her super cute pattern.

Sooooo of course I signed up and yesterday I finished my bag. It was fast and simple. Just the reason I like Kate's fun patterns. Yep. this project rocks like fraggles. You can click here to view the tutorial and get the pattern or here to join the fun and link up!

Here is my creation!


These colors are very much my style. I love the bright fun girliness!


I added a scallop detail with my machine just to go with the theme


Other than that I made no real modifications to the pattern. I do sort of wish I would have put pockets inside. I was way to excited to get this finished though so I skipped that idea



What do you think? I am in love! AND I am slightly concerned that Kate lives in my head and fishes around in there to piece together stuff she knows I will love. THEN she is awesome enough to create the patterns which saves me tons of work hahaha!


Kate has even inspired me to start designing some of my own patterns and possibly open a shop. I am still thinking about it. I have some ideas though and with winter coming fast in Ohio I imagine when Christmas is over I will have plenty of winter nights to try to create some patterns of my own!




14 comments:

Rachel said...

Love it!!! Your fabrics and colors are so fun. Great!

Lizzy said...

I so love it! rocks and the shop ..sounds idea sounds amazing!

kate said...

so pretty Tai!!! Great job! You are so nice, too! No, you're awesome!!

Catrin said...

Your tote turned out so cute. I love your colors and your fabric. The scallops stitch is perfect for the tote.
Greetings from Germany
Catrin

BeeSewSweet said...

I love your tote! The colors are great and I really like the addition of the scallop stitch.

MGB said...

Nice work!

Shelly @A Creative Space said...

I REALLY like the scallops! And the top stitching -CUTE! This would be so fun to carry around. :)

Abby said...

Love this! Very cute and I love the fabrics you used. I love your blog!

Your newest follower,
Abby
i---create
(come take a look if you like)

Simply AJ said...

Oh my goodness... it turned out perfect! You did a great job - deserve a big pat on the back!! I have a secret obsession with Kate too! Stopped by from Fireflies & Jellybeans link party :) AJ@queenofmynest

Gaby @ Tmuffin said...

Stopping by from Someday Crafts. That is such a beautiful bag! I love how you added the extra detail with the scallop stitching at the top. Gorgeous!

Kei said...

Your bag is so sweet and fun! I love the colours you chose, and the extra detail of the decorative machine stitching. :)

memmens said...

That's so cool, how long did it take? I don't think I'd have the patience! well done.

Carolyn said...

Really, really cute. I love the colors. I would love for you to add this to my Inspiration Board {link party}. I know my readers would really be inspired. Hope to see you there.
http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/11/inspiration-board-link-party-22.html
carolyn - homework

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

So pretty! And I know a lot of love went into making all these scallops. I really like the fabric choices too. Thanks so much for linking up to Fabulous Friday!

Warmly, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...