Sunday, November 13, 2011

turkey day necklace

Can you guys believe it is almost Thanksgiving? I really love this time of year and I am trying to get festive in any way I can. It is helping to bring me out of this funk. So I am focusing this month on being thankful and also anticipating Advent. Which is, of course a great season of hope and expectation for Christians.

In my attempt to get super festive I started digging through the craft supplies with no real ideas in mind. That is when I saw some small wooden hearts and it hit me! TURKEY NECKLACE. (dont laugh. you are a crafting freak who thinks like this too.)

Isnt she CUTE????


I didnt do a whole tutorial or anything but you get the idea. I just used some fine tip sharpies, ribbons, teeny tiny ric-rac, wooden hearts, a ball chain, and hot glue


I started by drawing a turkey face on the front of one of the hearts


They I just glued it all together. I didnt even bother with a bail. I just added a teeny loop of the ric-rac behind the feathers and put the chain through.


Look at my little turkey! Love her!

9 comments:

Sassy Sites! said...

CUTE!!! We are having a {turkey link up party} over at Sassy Sites tomorrow and would LOVE to have this at the party! Come on by on Monday when you get a chance and join the fun!

XOXO!! marni

Trish and Bonnie @ Uncommon said...

This necklace is so cute! My girls would love to make these for their friends to show them how thankful they are for them. We are hosting a Home for the Holidays link party and we would love for you to join us!

http://www.uncommondesignsonline.com/2011/11/home-for-holidays-link-party_08.html

Nikki@EverythingUndertheMoon said...

Awww!! This is sooo cute! New follower here. Would love it you would stop by and share this at my linky party :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-8.html

Also, PRETTY PLEASE check out Random Acts of Kindness Week going on right now!! Would love to see you be a part of it! http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/kindness-and-thanksgiving.html

Brit @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

That is very cool, and ohh so cute! Have to make one now ;) We would love to have you link up to our linky party starting tomorrow! Hope to see you and your cute little turkey there.
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Mamma of the Papada's said...

too cute! my daughter will love this! I found ya via vintage wannabe!!

Ladybird Ln said...

THis is too cute! I love that your daughter helped! I am having a turkey show off party on my blog party complete with prizes! I would love for you to come!

Carlee
http://www.ladybirdln.com/2011/11/turkey-daze.html

Jessica Washburn said...

Hey, I found you at Tip Junkie. This one caught my eye, it's perfect for my little Sophia who always needs a craft going. :) Thanks and hope you check out my recent project. -Jessica

runningtobeskinny.com

Jenni said...

super cute! Love those adorable (and easy!) crafts that make little girls smile! :)

Chris said...

Hi Tai, the turkey necklace is cute and your daughter is a darling. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following. Please pop on over and visit mine and perhaps you would like to follow me also. I would really like that. Hugs, Chris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...