Sunday, January 1, 2012

re-cap...Handmade Christmas

Happy 2012 everyone!! I did not mean to take such a longggg bloggy break but hey, things got nuts.

I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas and New Year celebration with family, friends and food. We had a really great few weeks. I have been on vacation this week and boy was it ever wonderful!

I wanted to share a few of the handmade items I made for various family members this year! BEWARE! These are alllll crappy cell phone photos. I really must get a better camera phone. Mine is truly terrible but I hope to give you some idea of what I made. I am super proud of myself for making SEVERAL items that I pinned! WOOO! There should be a button you can click under projects that says "TRIED IT"! I love the inspiration love love love my pinterest. Follow me! I'll follow ya back! pinky promise!

So here are some of the things I made...


I made little pants some sock puppies inspired by this pin. FUN project and a bonus DORK picture of me. These where SO FAST and simple! Lauren loves her puppy twins!



I really wish I had a better picture of this quilt inspired by this pin. The fabrics are so nice. My mom was super surprised to receive this!


My kids decorated these fun ornaments and filled them with photos. Then we shipped them to my dad in Afghanistan for his little tree.


PRINCESSES! Obviously inspired by this pin from Lil Blue Boo. Mine are not Disney inspired princesses but Lauren really like them anyhow and I had a lot of fun making them even though I am not that great a painter


ROOTDEER! I saw these all over pinterest. LOTS of sources out there! I made these for a few good buddies at the office:


I made bunches of these teeny nativities. I KNOW I saw this on pinterest and would love to give credit to the appropriate person but I must not have pinned it and my searches are coming up blank! If you are the owner of this idea or know who is please let me know so I can link back. These were fun and easy to make in an assembly line. To make the face of Jesus I used a small sticker from the kids' stash and then peeled it off after the white paint dried:


Tree of Life pendant for MIL inspired by this pin


I also made this platypus stuffie (actually 2 of them. I made one pink also!) I didnt follow the exact instructions but this is a free pattern I have pinned here. My kids are OBSESSED with platypuses? Platypus'? Platypi? (Yeah whatever...) Thanks to Phineas and Ferb


And this was super awesome. I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas which I ADORE! I actually found time to READ a book! Amazing. Me. Dog. PJs. Slippers. Water for Elephants (book and movie on Kindle). Not pictured: Homemade chocolate chip cookies and pizza - cause I was not about to ruin this day with cooking!


We have had an AMAZING break. So much family time that was much needed.

Please continue to keep my family in prayers as my Daddy will still be deployed for quite sometime (especially my little guy who misses his Pop Pop SO MUCH) and also for my hubby to find work SOON! He has been without a job since July.

I am hoping to at least post a 2011 round up of my favorite posts and maybe a printable this week. Miss you guys!!

7 comments:

miamihoney said...

Sounds fantastic...love that you made things you pinned :)

elizabeth ricket said...

I love happy Tai! I love your creative-genius! I am praying for you and your family!

And I read the following somewhere; however, I believe it to be true for you, I believe your best day of 2011, will be the worst day of 2012! Here's to the multitude of blessings coming your way, HAPPY NEW YEAR, my friend! :)

Janel@hatingmartha said...

so great! I made the deer also, it was the go to gift this year.
That platypus...really cute!

Aimingforswanlike said...

Wow, you made some fab things. Thanks for sharing :)

Lisa said...

You were very busy! The stuffed dogs and rootdeer were on my list of things to make also!

Heather at Dragonfly Designs said...

You go girl! I totally wanted to do those rootdeer! Thanks for sharing,
xo
Heather
http://www.twindragonflydesigns.blogspot.com/

Alida - Radcrafter said...

I love the little puppy dog!

I'd love to invite you to share this on Thingamajig Thursday going on now...http://radcrafter.com/2012/01/thingamajig-thursday-party-9/

Alida
radcrafter.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...