Monday, July 30, 2012

mini vacation!

Hi friends!

I mentioned last week that I took my precious littles on vacation all by myself. This wouldnt be too big a deal but we went to Pigeon Forge, which is about an 8 hour drive from where we live. I have been there many times before so I was comfortable with the area and the drive.

We rented a little cabin, loaded up some crafts, hit up our favorite antique store, Cade's Cove, a fun candy store and the Dixie Stampede. It was a wonderful time for us! Here are some pictures from our adventure

This was the first night on our way to the dixie stampede


Day 2 we did some crafts! Thumbs up! Mom is about to catch herself on fire!


No really, baking shrink plastic in an unfamiliar oven and touching the towel to the heating element is a bad idea. 


We LOVE the Action Antique Mall or as we love to call it - the JUNK BARN in Sevierville TN. Lauren wanted to buy this "adorable boyfriend!"


IT'S TOO BRIGHT!



The kids made a wish in this fountain in the Old Mill District. They both wished for Pop Pop (my dad) to come home from Afghanistan. So sweet. I wished too!


More cabin crafts! Air Dry Clay we glued magnets to the back. When did that boy get so big??




I will post some Cade's Cove pictures soon! Have you ever been to East Tennessee? It is my FAVVVEE!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...